Friday, April 10, 2020

Top 10 advantages of being a flight attendant | Pros and cons of being a flight attendant | why flight attendant is the best job


I hope you have a good start into the New Year and that has many wonderful moments, trips and adventures in store for you. May be there will even be some extreme (Professional) changes for you, as was the case with me. I decided to exchange my prestigious office job in the fashion industry for a very unusual and exciting job and to become a FLIGHT ATTENDANT and off course we will discuss pros and cons of being a flight attendant.
Top 10 advantages of being a flight attendant
I took the courageous step back then, although I wasn't sure whether it would be the right one. From my personal experiences from both "Worlds" the classic, serious everyday office life and the exciting work above the clouds. I would like to tell you which, for me, are the convincing top 10 advantages of being a flight attendant:

1. FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS

A good thing about being a flight attendant is that we have flexible working hours. One of the aspects that bothered me most about my office job was the rigid working hours.  Sitting in my chair in front of the computer Monday to Friday from morning to Night.  At the beginning of the week, the mood is worst and the days are counted down - until Friday is. But last weekend, it was already Sunday with the happy weekend mood, because Monday is approaching, who doesn't know it?
Pros and cons of being a flight attendant
When flying, however, (for me) there is no such "counting down". Every month looks very different. Different goals, different working hours. You have a lot more free Time, which of course does not only fall on the weekends, which is good. At least you can go to the doctor, go to the authorities and many other things in a relaxed Manner. Just sit somewhere in the cafe with a newspaper on a Wednesday morning and watch the people rushing to the office. That was and is a nice and relaxing feeling.

2. NICE COLLEAGUES

You know that best flight attendant benefits are nice colleagues: you start a new job and you absolutely don't know anyone there. In the next few days you will not notice any bad things either. Not so when flying. With every crew I fly with, I get to know new colleagues. In total, we are almost 20,000 flight attendants and it is really very rare that you often meet the same people there. Apart from the fact that the selection is very attentive to the friendly nature of the employees.
why flight attendant is the best job
How should one come?  Together?  I have never seen any disagreement among colleagues.  At least not serious. We are team players and you can tell. The dealings are nice, they quickly become Familiar and almost friendly, because even in just a few days you often grow together quickly. And if there is someone with whom you would not come to a common Denominator, it doesn't matter. In case of doubt you will not see each other again and for the few hours that you fly together, you are happy to adjust. I really appreciate the positive working atmosphere with us on board and I am sure that many of you know how stressful it can be to have to deal with the same people every day who you don't want to have anything to do with in private life would.

3. WHEN OTHER WORK WE HAVE HOLIDAY

I always think is flight attendant a good career choice? We often fly to destinations where we have a large number of business travelers on board. The laptop prepared already ready before take-off and the suit wearers for their appointments throughout the flight. It is then that it becomes clear to me again and again: we also work through the whole flight and yes, that is sometimes very Exhausting, no question. 
WHEN OTHER WORK WE HAVE HOLIDAY

But once landed in New York, Rio or Tokyo, it means: free time! Our job is done. As a reward, go out for a delicious meal, sail, and shop, go Sightseeing in the country or ride a horse on a ranch. What could be nicer and honestly - who of you does not think of exactly those beautiful experiences when? Applying as a flight attendant that only this job brings with it?

4. DISCOUNTED FLY

Do you ever think why flight attendant is the best job? You have certainly all heard of the fact that the flight attendant's job also has the advantage of private flying at a reduced price. Once you have completed the trial period, you can start. I am asked again and again, whether this is only a small percentage of the regular flight price, but you cannot answer that in general. 
cheap airline tickets
The fact is that you, plus your registered partner, can fly very, very cheaply, which is always worthwhile, especially for long-haul flights. I Personal use this great offer very often. If you, like me, like to travel a lot and travel the world privately, that's just great! Without this privilege, I could certainly only afford half of my trip.

5. MUCH TRAVEL

This point counts, especially if you are as crazy about travel as I am. I would like to be on the road all year round and explore the world, which of course goes well with my job as a flight attendant. 
hangout with friends
The aspect of traveling a lot was one of the main reasons for me to apply. Not only to travel when you Are on vacation, but also to do it professionally and even earn money with it, for me it is still an incredibly great opportunity.

6. MORE LEISURE

As already mentioned above, the job as a flight attendant involves significantly more free time as other professions. In 100% flight months, I have about 15 days off On which I am in Germany. Of course, part of this free time must also be planned as a time to relax. 
more leisure in life
Because if you come home early in the morning from a strenuous Night flight, you only want to go to bed. And yet time at home is time at home. Many colleagues (just like me) get used to this advantage very quickly and don't want To do without it anymore.


7. NO CAREER PRINT

This point is also very dependent on the type, but for me it is also an advantage of flying, no longer being under pressure to achieve certain numbers and goals, but simply doing your job well without being measured. The whole deadline, never ending to-do lists, full appointment calendar and constant comparisons of numbers and key 
NO CAREER PRINT
The figures in my previous job have been never something that excited me. Overtime to do everything and weekend work didn't make me happy. For me it is important to have a safe Job with which I can make a living and which makes me happy. For this I do not need a team of 20 employees under me, nor a career ladder that I am constantly trying to climb higher. A point that is certainly very subjective, but since I've been working as a flight attendant, I can say that professional stress no longer matters to me.

8. NEVER BE BORED

People from all cultures and countries of the world meet with you and let you learn a lot and present you with many challenges. In Front of funny and nerve-wracking, but above all interesting and educational. 
NEVER BE BORED PARTY WITH FRIENDS
Even with the ever-changing colleagues, you always meet new people with exciting hobbies and the stories that they have to tell. As a flight attendant, you really cannot report a boring everyday job.

9. EARN MORE THAN "ONLY" MONEY

Sure, you need a job to make money. But what if there was a job where you "earned" much more than that? As a flight attendant there is another account for great moments and wonderful memories. And I would argue that there is hardly a job in which this account is filled as much as that of the flight attendant. Who will remember the strategy? Meeting last Monday, 30 years from now?
NIAGRA FALLS
The budget planning for this year or the target achievement meeting last month? Correct! Nobody! But when I went with my colleagues in a small sailboat through the sunset in front of Rio de Janeiro, rode together with the gauchos through the Mexican steppe or the Trip to the Niagara Falls, those are the moments that make life worth living for me and those I will never forget. And if I hadn't been a flight attendant, much of it would not have been possible for me.

10. THE MOST EXCITING JOB

My flying colleagues now know exactly what I'm talking about. Even if the job of a flight attendant would not be an option for many people, they all find it very exciting to learn everything about it. 
THE MOST EXCITING JOB
Somehow you almost have the status of something "special" and there is probably no job with as many myths and rumors as ours. (In most cases it is probably not nearly as exciting as others imagine the profession, but of course we will not tell anyone. Be prepared to provide a lot of Conversation and answer many interesting and funny questions. I always enjoy telling about my job, but you might have guessed that. 

Have the top 10 reasons to be a flight attendant finally convinced you to apply to the airline?
Of course, many of the aspects are subjective and assessed from my very personal point of view. Many people want to pursue a career as quickly as possible, appreciate fixed working hours or are reluctant to travel.
As per my experience best airline to work for as a flight attendant or best airline to work for benefits is that airlines which hires multinational crew. As always, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.